Mailq overload due to relay mails from other domains

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Mailq overload due to relay mails from other domains

Postby Marcosebas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Dear All,

I am facing the following issue. I have a ZCS 8.8.9 fresh installation. However, today I am suffering a serious problem that is causing a delay in my ZCS to receive and send mails. My queue is full of mails from domains that are not part of my zimbra and sending to other domains too. I found this with mailq finding in a certain moment more than 30000 requests and in my anstipam system which is blocking all of them. Luckily, if not I would be blacklisted :D

I followed this wikis

1. Rejecting false "mail from" addresses: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Rejecting_false_%22mail_from%22_addresses
2. Enforcing a match between FROM address and sasl username: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Enforcing_a_match_between_FROM_address_and_sasl_username_8.5

Also te postconf mynetworks is set with the networks part of my system.

This is my postconf sender restriction

Code: Select all

[zimbra@postfix ~]$ postconf | grep 'smtpd_sender_restrictions ='
smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access lmdb:/opt/zimbra/conf/postfix_reject_sender, check_sender_access regexp:/opt/zimbra/common/conf/tag_as_originating.re, permit_mynetworks, reject_sender_login_mismatch, reject_unlisted_sender, reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname, reject_unknown_client_hostname, permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_tls_clientcerts, check_sender_access regexp:/opt/zimbra/common/conf/tag_as_foreign.re

These are my zimbra restrictions

Code: Select all

[zimbra@postfix ~]$ zmprov gacf | grep zimbraMtaRestriction 
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_invalid_helo_hostname
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_non_fqdn_sender
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_unknown_client_hostname
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_unknown_helo_hostname
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_unknown_sender_domain
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_rbl_client psbl.surriel.com
zimbraMtaRestriction: reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org

In the admin console in global configuration > MTA all that rejects and RBLs are set:

Please, any guess, advise or help in how to stop this is appreciated.

Regards,

Marco

Return to “Administrators”