Gsuite to Zimbra Split delivery error at Zimbra Server

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
manideepsai.444

Gsuite to Zimbra Split delivery error at Zimbra Server

Postby manideepsai.444 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:54 am

Gsuite to Zimbra Split delivery error at Zimbra

Gsuite --primary@test.example.com
Zimbra --secondary@test.example.com

tailf /var/log/zimbra.log

Aug 11 10:13:50 net postfix/submission/smtpd[20427]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-ed1-f71.google.com[209.85.208.71]: 554 5.7.1 <mail-ed1-f71.google.com[209.85.208.71]>: Client host rejected: Access denied; from=<primary@test.example.com> to=<secondary@test.example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-ed1-f71.google.com>

pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Gsuite to Zimbra Split delivery error at Zimbra Server

Postby pup_seba » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 am

Hi,

I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve and which configurations you modified trying to achieve that desired behaviour, yet, that error you see in the logs I can relate it to a relay access being denied.

So for some reason a server at google is trying to send emails to a domain for which the mx record is publicly registered to an external provider (possible google). So your zimbra server seems to be getting a petition from a server @google, to send an email to a server @goolge too, as most likely your mx record for that "test domain" is pointing to your google servers? So, zimbra, will deny this relay.

You could try disabling DNS look ups for MX record (i can't remember the exact attribute name, but is visible on the adminUI under the MTA global configuration) and see if the error persists. At least as a way to determine if this is the error.

Return to “Administrators”