Retrieving messages for the following external account has failed

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
yo_mono

Re: Retrieving messages for the following external account has failed

Postby yo_mono » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 pm

andrey.ivanov wrote:From the look of the error message it seems like Zimbra code uses java int type to obtain the size of the external mailbox. The int size in java (java.lang.Integer) has the range from -2 147 483 648 to 2 147 483 647 corresponding to 2Gb. They should use java.lang.Long for that. If that is the case it is definitely a bug. You should create a ticket at support.zimbra.com.

i noted the same. Is definitely the right answer. is theere any way to change that manually?
In my case (im not the OP) im using the open source edition so this forum is all the support i can get. No tickets.
And im sure the bugzilla page is useful, but is slow for this kind of things. I mean, who knows how more time could happen until the Zimbra developers check that bug? More than a year, pretty sure.

Ace Suares

Postby Ace Suares » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:37 am

Does anyone have a solution? I has a huge impact on our clients, who are unable to rely on the external mail polling for a month now.
Ace Suares

Postby Ace Suares » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:35 am

There's a perfect solution over here: https://github.com/Zimbra/zm-mailbox/pull/977
Please merge it so we can use this functionality again!
As you can see it's a very simple patch. Three lines of code only!

Return to “Administrators”