Auto BCC for mail accounts on Zimbra 8.8.15

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
claudiu.rusu

Auto BCC for mail accounts on Zimbra 8.8.15

Postby claudiu.rusu » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:43 am

Hello,

I'm very new to zimbra and i need some help with a tutorial for auto bcc for outgoing mails (for each account individually) and for incoming il will use "Foreward address hidden from user"(Is this a good practice?). All incoming and outgoing mails will go to another zimbra server on my local network.

Can someone write some instructions on how to do it? I found something on the internet but the tutorials are for older versions of zimbra and i don't want to mess up my server. I worked very hard to configure it from start to finish and i don't know how to troubleshoot complex problems if i do something wrong.

I will provide more information if you need it.
Thank in advance!

imanudin11
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU16.64

Re: Auto BCC for mail accounts on Zimbra 8.8.15

Postby imanudin11 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:07 pm

claudiu.rusu wrote:Hello,

I'm very new to zimbra and i need some help with a tutorial for auto bcc for outgoing mails (for each account individually) and for incoming il will use "Foreward address hidden from user"(Is this a good practice?). All incoming and outgoing mails will go to another zimbra server on my local network.

Can someone write some instructions on how to do it? I found something on the internet but the tutorials are for older versions of zimbra and i don't want to mess up my server. I worked very hard to configure it from start to finish and i don't know how to troubleshoot complex problems if i do something wrong.

I will provide more information if you need it.
Thank in advance!

Hello,
You can use these tutorial :
- By Sender : https://imanudin.net/2014/12/18/how-to- ... by-sender/
- By Recipient : https://imanudin.net/2014/12/19/how-to- ... recipient/
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Auto BCC for mail accounts on Zimbra 8.8.15

Postby DualBoot » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello

This is not a good practice if you do not warn your user about it, it is like spying on your communication so your users too.
And the best way to achieve that would be using Zimbra Archiving and Discovery which can also be used for legal purposes.

Regards,

Return to “Administrators”