Outgoing message filters issue with 8.8.15-P11 ?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
yannjegard

Outgoing message filters issue with 8.8.15-P11 ?

Postby yannjegard » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:35 am

Hi,

Since the last patch (8.8.15-P11), filtering of outgoing messages no longer seems to work. Am I the only one with this issue ?

Regards.

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Outgoing message filters issue with 8.8.15-P11 ?

Postby phoenix » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:36 am

Instead of just posting 'it doesn't work', how about giving us some examples of exactly what it is that is not doing what you expect?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
yannjegard

Postby yannjegard » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:14 pm

I use shared email account.
When I send an email using the identity of the shared account, I have a filter that stores the email sent in a specific folder inside the "Sent" folder of the shared account.
Before P11, the filter used to work.
Now, it no longer store sent email in the specific folder inside the "Sent" folder but in the "Sent" Folder itself.
davidkillingsworth
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU14.64 -Patch 1

Postby davidkillingsworth » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:59 pm

I posted this in another thread about personas, but I think my issue more closely fits this problem report from the original poster.

I'm having a problem with Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P12

I just upgraded from a previous patch, which I believe was Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.15_P7

When I reference a shared mailbox below. It is a mailbox that is not assigned to a specific user, such as info@domain.com that several users have access to. We usually give the users access to the "shared mailbox" with these commands. We also create a persona in their zimbra settings for the "shared mailbox"

Code: Select all

zmmailbox -z -m info@domain.com mfg /Inbox account user.account@domain.com rwidx
zmmailbox -z -m info@domain.com mfg /Sent account user.account@domain.com rwidx
zmmailbox -z -m info@domain.com mfg /Drafts account user.account@domain.com rwidx
zmmailbox -z -m info@domain.com mfg /Junk account user.account@domain.com rwidx
zmmailbox -z -m info@domain.com mfg /Trash account user.account@domain.com rwidx

zmprov grr account info@domain.com usr user.account@domain.com sendAs

The issues that I am having:

1) When a user is sending a message from a shared mailbox via a persona, the message is sent from the persona and the message is filed into the shared mailbox's SENT folder, but the message shows as unread.

We specifically have an outbound mail rule that states that any message that exactly matches the FROM address of the shared mailbox (persona) should be filed into the shared mailbox's SENT folder, and the 2nd action is that the message is marked as READ.

This has been working for us for several shared mailboxes for several users for the last 8 years.

2) When a user is using a persona and they start a message and save it as a draft, the draft is saved in their PERSONAL DRAFTS folder instead of the shared mailbox's DRAFTS folder. Before the upgrade to Patch 12 (P12), the message was saved in the shared mailbox's DRAFTS folder.

3) Once they send the message that is stored in their PERSONAL DRAFTS folder, the message is removed from the PERSONAL DRAFTS folder and placed in the shared mailbox's SENT folder, but again, it is not marked as READ.

This seems to be the same issue that the original poster is having.

Return to “Administrators”