jasggomes wrote:Well, thanks for All the replies and suggestions.
That comment is a bit unnecessary, you're making an assumption that people have seen and read your post. We all post here when we have the time and/or an answer to a problem so maybe you were just unlucky.
jasggomes wrote:The problem has been solved.
For others that may follow, care to share your solution?
First of all, you are right, it was unnecessary, but it was an urgent issue, and since this is a FOSS setup I couldn't ask for help from Zimbra, and during the 4 days I took to solve it no one replied, but, as soon I post my reply you replied...
But I know, you are only one, and for the few times I came here now, I only see 'you' replying to the requests, or not only, but I see a lot of them from you, and you can't attend us all, but I do know you do your best. For that I thank you.
So here it is my apologies for the post itself and a big thank you all for your work on helping us all.
The solution wasn't a Zimbra issue, it was a disk issue.
Since the emails are stored on the disk, and some of the info, like 'headers', are stored on the BD, when the users access the web GUI they get the error message when hoovering the header of the message, because the system cannot read the message itself from the bad disk sectors where they were stored.
It took such a long time since all backups were corrupted too, and I had to be careful not to lose the whole disk, and only after a full correct backup, I touched the system.
Also, the corrupted messages didn't allow the Outlook IMAP access to synchronize, confusing all, so the answer was to move all that troubling messages to a new folder, to have a visual idea of which they are, and then resynch the Outlook folders. I managed to have an archive email system, thanks to @JorgeDeLaCruz, in 2018, and from there I could resend all messed up emails back to the users. The forwarding of the messages in the Zimbra was not affected, only the ones that were stored on the disk.
I had to copy all its contents to another disk, do file size comparisons, etc etc... lost some of the messages, but those were pretty much recovered by using the archive solution.
In the end, it was a fun week.