Now that 7.2 has been out for 2 weeks, what are your thoughts?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
7310pyperdown

Postby 7310pyperdown » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm

I am finding that there is no "view mail" on resources accounts. and the view mail button is missing from the toolbar on user accounts until you edit the account. The latter is an annoyance, the former quite a pain. I keep watching for when 7.2.1 is to be released, no news on that front yet.

chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby chauvetp » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 am

I've seen others state there is no "view mail" on resource accounts and user accounts (until you edit). I haven't been seeing this myself. Perhaps there is some bug it hits for only some browsers or builds for Zimbra but it seems fine for me.
Perhaps its only showing View Mail if the display is wide enough or differences per browser? When I use just look at the list of accounts, View Mail is listed under "More Actions". When I search for accounts or resources, View Mail is listed at the far right.
EDIT: Forget it - I realize its a bug in the OSS edition but you can work around it with the zimlet from the admin edition. See: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/56332-view-mail-button.html
prahn

Postby prahn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:32 pm

After using 7.2 for some days now, using Outlook 2010 with the updated Zimbra Connector feels a little different:

Receiving new messages in Outlook takes more time, you do not get notified as fast as before. I have to push "Receive messages" to see them in Outlook. Did anybody else notice this? Is there maybe an option to get notified faster?
GreenGumby
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby GreenGumby » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:39 pm

[quote user="prahn"]Receiving new messages in Outlook takes more time, you do not get notified as fast as before. I have to push "Receive messages" to see them in Outlook. Did anybody else notice this? Is there maybe an option to get notified faster?[/QUOTE]
They changed the sent/receive to follow outlooks send/receive interval. You can either change it to 1 minute in outlook, or in the support portal there is an updated version (7.2.1) which changes it's behaviour back to the older version.
Crayz9000
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Crayz9000 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Did you look at the Outlook Connector forum? This sticky topic sounds like it might be the issue: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-connector-outlook/56374-changes-zco-7-2-x-regards-sync-behavior.html
jchutch2

Postby jchutch2 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Horrible experience upgrading. It hung once. Then reinstalled and it went through. Then the webmail client wouldn't come up. After an hour or so, it did finally come up. Now, when logging into webmail client, e-mail previews/opening doesn't work. Always blank.
Crayz9000
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Crayz9000 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Did you rebuild your certificates after the upgrade?
jchutch2

Postby jchutch2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:38 pm

No, I did not. I didn't see any instructions that said to do so. Turned out that zmcontrol just didn't restart the mta for some odd reason.

Return to “Administrators”