Zimbra Backup (Community) - Best One?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
BigBirdy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby BigBirdy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 pm

I was using the zmbak tool for some time but now that I have upgraded to ZCS 7.2, I was wondering if zmbak is still suggested? It does not seem to have been updated past 2010.
What would people suggest as the "best" backup solution for the latest community edition of ZCS? The wiki is really very vague and simply lists various scripts with no indication of which works best for the latest version of ZCS.
zmbak:
Downloads - Zimbra - Open Source Office Lsungen

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm

[quote user="BigBirdy"]What would people suggest as the "best" backup solution for the latest community edition of ZCS?[/QUOTE]There is no such thing as the 'best one' in this situation.
[quote user="BigBirdy"]The wiki is really very vague and simply lists various scripts with no indication of which works best for the latest version of ZCS.[/QUOTE]They should all work with the latest version of Zimbra, the backup and restore procedure would be the same. Try them all and do a disaster recover from the backup and see how you get on and which one is the most 'comfortable' for you to use and understand - that will be the best one for you not something I recommend or anyone else for that matter.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
maschimidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby maschimidt » Wed May 30, 2012 12:53 pm

This script is based on debian?
Federico Bertola
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Federico Bertola » Wed May 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I tried many backup strategy for Zimbra Open, also some commercial products to backuping virtual machines, like veeam or acrosis, but they are all good for disaster recovery only. I found the best solution IMHO when I tried ZeXtras for my first Zimbra to Zimbra migration, seeing what it can do to move a domain from a customer's server to my hsp environment, keeping all users preferences and shared folders, finally convinced me.
My 2 cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Administrators”