Split Domain conflict fo mixing mail servers and using same domain

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
kunsou
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby kunsou » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 am

Dear all:
I have a zimbra (zimbra.abc.com) configure to split domain and at first zimbra receive all coming emails and then forward to lotus domaino (mail.abc.com) .
So i added alias something like cde@zimbra.abc.com = cde@abc.com AND
1)zmprov md abc.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @abc.com

2)zmprov md abc.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @abc.com

3) zmprov md abc.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:mail.abc.com

postfix restart
It is fine but but the email address in emails mixing zimbra.abc.com and abc.com , so i also want the domain name change to abc.com so i type:
zmprov md zimbra.abc.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @zimbra.abc.com zimbraMailCatchAllCanonicalAddress @abc.com
the ouput domain really changed but it seem conflict among the 1), 2) 3) and forwarding not function any more .

it show "User unknown in virtual alias table"
How can i achieve if not catch all address (zimbraMailCatchAllAddress ) but partially catch and compare with the alias list if containin the list then change to canaonical address @abc.com , otherwise then direct forward to domaino.

Thanks help

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:45 am

[quote user="kunsou"]It is fine but but the email address in emails mixing zimbra.abc.com and abc.com ,[/QUOTE]This isn't a Split Domain - that's for two servers with the same domain name, what you've created is two servers with different domain names.
[quote user="kunsou"] so i also want the domain name change to abc.com so i type:
zmprov md zimbra.abc.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @zimbra.abc.com zimbraMailCatchAllCanonicalAddress @abc.com[/QUOTE]That isn't how you rename a domain, you need to read how to rename the domain on your Zimbra server.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra

Return to “Administrators”