Mountain Lion Breaks CalDAV in Mac Calendar

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 Network Edition

Postby L. Mark Stone » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:46 am

We noticed for a number of our hosting users, and for our own accounts, that Mountain Lion breaks the ability for the Mac Calendar application to create any new appointments or edit any existing appointments.
We opened a Support Case with Zimbra, who were able to reproduce the issue and opened a bug report on our behalf.
The bug report is here: Bug 76450 – Unable to sync iCal using CalDAV on Mountina Lion
If you are impacted by this bug, please vote for it to help Zimbra prioritize their development efforts.
Hope that helps,

Mark
P.S. Thank you to Nikhil Sahasrabudhe at Zimbra for taking the time to work on our support case and reproduce this issue.

iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby iway » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

Will it work for Reminders set to > 5 min?
woodbot

Postby woodbot » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks for your post Mark - I am experiencing the same here on our ZCS 7.1.4 NE as well. Have voted for the bug.
A similar issue occurred with iCal and CalDAV when Apple released OS 10.7 - I'm sensing a pattern here which I don't quite follow. Who is responsible for these issues? One of the strengths of CalDAV is that is a standard - if everyone sticks to the standard then I would imagine problems like this should not occur.

Return to “Administrators”