ZCS Performance problems

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Firebird_

ZCS Performance problems

Postby Firebird_ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am

[quote user="Travis Kensil"]We are currently on 7.2 Patch 1 on RedHat 5 (64bit) and very interested in the appliance concept of Zimbra. From past experience the Appliance always severely lagged behind in terms of development often being versions behind the NE edition. Wondering if anyone knows will VMWare's priority be to keep the Appliance at latest code constantly moving forward from v8?
Also, is anyone actively using the Appliance v8 in a production capacity or has plans to? Would be curious to hear of initial feelings about this product versus NE edition.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hello!

Some time ago I`ve migrate from CentOS 5 x64/ Zimbra 7.2 patch 1 to CentoS 6 x64 Zimbra 8

Of course it`s was a different servers.
First server was a OpenVZ virtual server, new server - is a KVM server

And now I have some troubles with performance. New mails via webmail opening too long - near 10 - 20 sec. A really don`t know what wrong - but resault - not good.

New server is: Intel® Xeon® E3-1275 Quad-Core/ 64Gb RAM/3 TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 rpm
Now I`m really don`t know in what`s the problem - in KVM virtual, or in Zimbra 8
And users near 500 peoples. 80% of them working via webmail

vadonka

ZCS Performance problems

Postby vadonka » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Here is a very good tutorial how can improve the zimbra performance:

Performance Tuning Guidelines for Large Deployments - Zimbra :: Wiki
What i suggest: set swappiness to 0 (mean disable swapping), reduce amavis workers number to 5-8 (edit /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in, find: $max_servers=)

This will be reduce the zimbra overall memory consuption a lot and decrease IO.
Klug
Elite member
Elite member

ZCS Performance problems

Postby Klug » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:17 am

You can also use a ramdrive for amavis temp folder.
How many hard disks in the server, using what kind of RAID?
Firebird_

ZCS Performance problems

Postby Firebird_ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:55 am

[quote user="vadonka"]Here is a very good tutorial how can improve the zimbra performance:

What i suggest: set swappiness to 0 (mean disable swapping), reduce amavis workers number to 5-8 (edit /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in, find: $max_servers=)

This will be reduce the zimbra overall memory consuption a lot and decrease IO.[/QUOTE]
He-he!

Are you really phinking, that I first of all do not read and testing this manual?

Actually when I sleeping, I see parts of this manual ;)
Resault of this manual is so good: very low CPU usage on my mail server. But! Webmail working extreamly slow. New mails opening near 10 - 15 sec., sending near 15-20 sec.
And yes - amavis working on ramdrive. I have a server with 64 Gb of RAM.
Firebird_

ZCS Performance problems

Postby Firebird_ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 am

[quote user="8141Klug"]You can also use a ramdrive for amavis temp folder.
How many hard disks in the server, using what kind of RAID?[/QUOTE]
2 HDD in software RAID 1.

vda speed near 120 Mbps
I have similar situation on my different server - RAID 1 - and 7.2 patch1. All work perfect on this mailserver
Firebird_

ZCS Performance problems

Postby Firebird_ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:05 am

[quote user="vadonka"]Here is a very good tutorial how can improve the zimbra performance:

This will be reduce the zimbra overall memory consuption a lot and decrease IO.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I read this manual and all this forum - but problem still exist.

But CPU load is very low now. But webmail working very slow - opening a new e-mails near 10-15 sec, sending mails - near 15 - 20 sec.

RAM of my server is 64 Gb. So ol e-mails is caching and opening moustly fast.
Firebird_

ZCS Performance problems

Postby Firebird_ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:30 am

And one more interesting thing:

On the MacOS X via Chrome all working moustly good

On the iOS 5 - fine too

But on the Linux on Chrome browser - all very slow :(
Klug
Elite member
Elite member

ZCS Performance problems

Postby Klug » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 am

Sounds like the issue is client side, doesn't it?
iresh1987

ZCS Performance problems

Postby iresh1987 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 am

Hi,
I just want to know whether VMware Zimbra could install to windows server 2008, since it is opensource can we customise it according to our need?
Thanks!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

ZCS Performance problems

Postby phoenix » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:19 am

[quote user="iresh1987"]I just want to know whether VMware Zimbra could install to windows server 2008, since it is opensource can we customise it according to our need? [/QUOTE]Your question has nothing to do with the thread in which you've posted and your question has already been answered before, no you can't install ZCS on Windows. There is no build for postfix (the MTA in ZCS) on a Windows system. Do not hijack threads in future.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra

Return to “Administrators”