Maximum Literal Size Exceeded

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cjm51213

Postby cjm51213 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Folks,
I am trying to copy mail from an Outlook PST folder to a Zimbra IMAP folder. The message is trivial with a 75MB pdf attachment. I am getting an error message "Can't copy the items. The server responded: 'Maximum Literal Size Exceeded' " despite having changed:

• Configure:Global Settings:General Information:Maximum size of an upload...:131072(KB)

• Configure:Global Settings:MTA:Maximum message size:131072(KB)

... and rebooted the server. How can I track this down. Seems to me there should be a log entry somewhere that describes the failure with sufficient detail that I can change some setting.
Thanks for the help,
Chris.

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 pm

You've given no details of the Zimbra version nor ZCO version but here's what a forum search reveals.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cjm51213

Postby cjm51213 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi Bill,
Yes, I did forget to include those rather important details. zcs (ose) 8.0 Sorry for the inconvenience. Your YAHOO search found four hits, which ultimately turned out to be multiple references to the same two entries, and apparently there is a bug here. I'm guessing because this format of the pm.zimbra... stuff is a bit foreign to me. I found references to "NIO" and I assume the N means "ngenix", but I don;t know anything more than that. What is "NIO". If there was a workaround or a manual repair procedure, I couldn't discover it. How can I find out more about this -- like how to fix it. (-:
Thanks for the help,
Chris.
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P9

Postby ccelis5215 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:43 pm

[quote user="cjm51213"]Hi Bill,
Yes, I did forget to include those rather important details. zcs (ose) 8.0 Sorry for the inconvenience. Your YAHOO search found four hits, which ultimately turned out to be multiple references to the same two entries, and apparently there is a bug here. I'm guessing because this format of the pm.zimbra... stuff is a bit foreign to me. I found references to "NIO" and I assume the N means "ngenix", but I don;t know anything more than that. What is "NIO". If there was a workaround or a manual repair procedure, I couldn't discover it. How can I find out more about this -- like how to fix it. (-:
Thanks for the help,
Chris.[/QUOTE]
Hi Chris, NIO means Java NIO New I/O, in ZCS targetted for 8.0.2. Bug 76987 – Documentation request for IMAP NIO
References:

File I/O (Featuring NIO.2) (The Java™ Tutorials > Essential Classes > Basic I/O)

Hope">https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/tutorials/j-nio/
Hope
it helps.
ccelis

Return to “Administrators”