No data in server statistics

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rhostager
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby rhostager » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:53 pm

:eek: I looked at some of the code to process the logs and noticed some of the perl modules you use. I checked my server and found that many were missing! I don't remember perl modules being listed under the install requirements. The clean Fedora Core 4 install does not install many of the modules you use. I grepped through the files and installed the ones that you use. I hope I did not miss anything. Do you have a list of all the modules a Zimbra install requires?
Now.... What are the implications of the missing modules on the zimbra install? I went ahead and did the GA upgrade again since I noticed you used some perl scripts during the install/upgrade.
The raw_logs are now showing entries for messages sent/received. No errors in zmlogger.out even with a stop/start. No changes in the graphs.... yet.
- Rob
Edited: Well, that is silly.. I just figured out that Zimbra supplies the modules.

marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Postby marcmac » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:42 pm

We install the modules for you (look in /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib)
rhostager
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby rhostager » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:48 pm

[quote user="marcmac"]We install the modules for you (look in /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib)[/QUOTE]
I figured that out after I had posted. I hope it does not hurt that I installed them as well.
- Rob
vogon1

Postby vogon1 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:39 pm

Well, my graphs also stopped.
Finally, I figured out it had to do with the file /opt/zimbra/log/zmlogprocess.pid - it was empty and prevented logging from running. After removing the file, and running /opt/zimbra/bin/zmlogprocess and /opt/zimbra/bin/zmgengraphs manually as user zimbra, the admin page gave me the graphs (refresh required if you were already logged in as admin).
Sietse

Return to “Administrators”