Limit size of per mail?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
chotima

Limit size of per mail?

Postby chotima » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:21 am

I've found that zimbra can limit size of mbox for each user but can zimbra limit attach size of per mail?
Regards,

Chotima

FunkyPenguin
Advanced member
Advanced member

Limit size of per mail?

Postby FunkyPenguin » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:38 am

[quote user="chotima"]I've found that zimbra can limit size of mbox for each user but can zimbra limit attach size of per mail?

[/QUOTE]

Attachment size can be set in the Admin Console. Under Global Settings -> MTA, there is an option to set "Maximum Mail Size". The default is 10000kb, change this to what you want.
apatosaur.9

Limit size of per mail?

Postby apatosaur.9 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:47 am

[quote user="FunkyPenguin"]Attachment size can be set in the Admin Console. Under Global Settings -> MTA, there is an option to set "Maximum Mail Size". The default is 10000kb, change this to what you want.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know if it's possible to set per user message size limits

i.e can I prevent user1 from receiving emails exceeding 500KB, whilst allowing user2 to receive 3 Meg emails.
I need that kind of functionality due to different roles of users at my Co., including a graphics dept that gets LARGE files from all over world (ftp not always an option)

as well as ordinary users that really don't need to receive 2 Meg .pps files.

(btw, I am already nuking emails with that attached)

... nevertheless: size limit of inidivual message set per user.
if not yet possible, please consider this my wishlist.
Regards

Andrew

--------------

testing Zimbra OSS 3.0.0_GA_156 on FC4

Pentium 4, 3.0Ghz, Ram:1Gig, HDD: 40Gig
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Limit size of per mail?

Postby phoenix » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:34 am

[quote user="apatosaur.9"]if not yet possible, please consider this my wishlist.
Regards

Andrew

--------------

testing Zimbra OSS 3.0.0_GA_156 on FC4

Pentium 4, 3.0Ghz, Ram:1Gig, HDD: 40Gig[/QUOTE]

You can always add the request to bugzilla or search to see if it's already on the list.
BTW, you do realise that there's an updated release of Zimbra GA version available - just in case you're interested.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
apatosaur.9

Limit size of per mail?

Postby apatosaur.9 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:36 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]You can always add the request to bugzilla or search to see if it's already on the list.
BTW, you do realise that there's an updated release of Zimbra GA version available - just in case you're interested.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response & info! :)

Return to “Administrators”