Connecting Postfix with SQLGrey

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
8224pepijn

Postby 8224pepijn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:26 am

I just wanted to add another successful install to the mix. I didn't quite install the required Perl mods and sqlite/sqlgrey the way the wiki prescribes. It seemed all was fine going through CPAN for the Perl mods; I compiled sqlite from source (ommiting TCL bindings at configure time) since the rpm listed on RHN for RHEL4 ES did not want to install. I grabbed sqlgrey from the SF repository and followed the config steps from the wiki to have it use SQLite and insert it into Zimbra's MTA restrictions queue. After that, I was happily greylisting all incoming mail as shown by new sqlgrey entries in /var/log/zimbra.log. Now to properly install sgwi the SQLGrey web interface; a PHP-based tool. Looks like I'll have to get Zimbra's PHP to connect to the SQLite db instead of the mysql/pgsql DBs sgwi is set up to support right now.
Thanks for the wiki entry, it all worked out well.
pepijn.

8224pepijn

Postby 8224pepijn » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:37 pm

After some tinkering with the different bits and pieces this evening, I was able to get Zimbra's PHP to play nice with sqlgrey's sqlite 3 database. The resulting web interface to sqlgrey is spartan but functional which is mostly because of the web interface being in its early stages. If anyone is interested I can append my findings to the SQLGrey wiki entry.
pepijn.
deugenin
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby deugenin » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:02 am

[quote user="8224pepijn"]...

If anyone is interested I can append my findings to the SQLGrey wiki entry.

pepijn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah!, any help for SQLGrey Wiki well will be received.
Regards.
8224pepijn

Postby 8224pepijn » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:20 pm

I updated the wiki with my method for getting the web interface to work. Hopefully it'll work for someone else out there, with all the applicable disclaimers about usefulness firmly applied. ;)
pepijn.
deugenin
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby deugenin » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Thank you very much Pepijn!!!
There is a great contribution!
Regards
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador