Virtual appliance download gone??

Running our Appliance (ZCA), ZCS on VMware, or any other virtual machine software? Post your thoughts here.
pdezeeuw

Postby pdezeeuw » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:36 am

Hello, I want to try the Zimbra virtual appliance but cannot find the download anywhere on the website??

Do I need to buy new glasses?
Any help is welcome.
Peter

Zach_Attack

Postby Zach_Attack » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I indeed cannot find it either which is super inconvenient as I need to spool up a new VM box and I don't have the ovf files locally. However i managed to dredge up this URL from some old tutorials and it appears to be working for me thus far in the installation. Using vCenter server deploy from OVF. Best of luck.
http://files2.zimbra.com/zca/zca-6.0.7_GA_341/ovf/zimbra.ovf
damian@ashleymanor.co.uk

Postby damian@ashleymanor.co.uk » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:30 am

[quote user="Zach_Attack"]I indeed cannot find it either which is super inconvenient as I need to spool up a new VM box and I don't have the ovf files locally. However i managed to dredge up this URL from some old tutorials and it appears to be working for me thus far in the installation. Using vCenter server deploy from OVF. Best of luck.

Yes
me too, I found a ZCA-6.0.13.406 version somewhere (sorry I cant find link now) but is there a v7 appliance available for download?
Does anyone know a link to the latest appliance version?
cavj1

Postby cavj1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Don't waste you time, money, or effort on the Appliance. We bought...they made lots of promises and to date 1 year later NONE of them have been fulfilled. It is the general understanding efforts to complete ZCA 7 have ended.
I'm out $12,000 with nothing to show for it. Don't make the same mistake I made. Go Network Ed as that is getting the development dollars or go look at another product. IF you want an appliance look at Kerio.
cavj1

Postby cavj1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Yes, strange...even ironic that a communication software company lacks the ability to communicate with its customers.
7 has been shelved from what I've been told. They "said" they are aiming for 8.0 but how can you believe them at this point.

Return to “Virtualization”