C# Api

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
slylos

C# Api

Postby slylos » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:09 pm

Hey All,

I'm C#/Java developer, and I'd like to contribute a C# API. Where should I get started?

bburtin
Advanced member
Advanced member

C# Api

Postby bburtin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:09 pm

Are you talking about a client-side API? There are a couple of ways to go, depending on which features you want. You may be able to get away with using an existing C# POP3 or IMAP library. I don't have a lot of experience with C# mail libraries, but a quick Google search returned this one, among others:

If">http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/IMAPLibrary.asp
If
you need access to Zimbra-specific features, such as conversations, you'll have to write a C# library that wraps our SOAP messages. Our SOAP API is documented in ZimbraServer/docs/soap.txt and soapadmin.txt.
slylos

C# Api

Postby slylos » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:04 pm

This is what I meant, I saw that a C++/Java/C# API would be appreciated, and thought I could contribute. I'll take a look at that documentation, thanks bburtin!
[quote user="bburtin"]

If you need access to Zimbra-specific features, such as conversations, you'll have to write a C# library that wraps our SOAP messages. Our SOAP API is documented in ZimbraServer/docs/soap.txt and soapadmin.txt.[/QUOTE]

Return to “Developers”