What's in the Open Source Edition vs. Network Standard Edition

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Postby marcmac » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:39 pm

The logs are still there, in /var/log/maillog - this just adds a command line tool to grep through them, and consolidate info across multiple servers.

raj2569

Postby raj2569 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:45 am

Thanks marcmac
raj
ContemporaryFusion

Postby ContemporaryFusion » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:58 pm

Should we still email sales if we want a mix of open Vs Networked licensing? It would be perfect for my company. As not everyone uses Outlook (For instance I'm an Evolution/Thunderbird man personally) and I have lots of short term people (I contract a lot of help in; on a monthly basis) its ideal.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:43 am

[quote user="ContemporaryFusion"]Should we still email sales if we want a mix of open Vs Networked licensing? [/QUOTE]Anything to do with 'money' goes to sales.:D
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
pjsmith

Postby pjsmith » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:26 am

Hi,
Just another vote for some more flexible licensing. We've been evaluating it, and the only drawback at the moment is the inability to mix the equivalent or OSE facilities with Network edition licenses.
What would be great would be the ability to purchase X mailboxes for the network edition and have the OSE features available to other users. At the moment, the platforms we have allow us to create as many users as we like without additional cost for the current equiv of OSE, and we put the rest on Exchange. It would be fantastic to allow exchange and the other system to be merged under one common platform and would certainly make things easy for us.

Return to “Developers”