managing resources

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
StefanD
Advanced member
Advanced member

managing resources

Postby StefanD » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 am

Zimbra dev build: 3.1.0_GA_279_RHEL4
I'm testing the new resource feature and I'm missing something.

With this version I can only auto-accept appointments, is there a way to assign a user to a resource that can manage/view that resource or would it be possible to share a resource the same like a calendar?

We also need some kind of an overview for meeting rooms when they are booked and if there need to be beverages for that meeting.
I know it's a dev build, but just like to know the future
Thanks

cboni
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

managing resources

Postby cboni » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:49 pm

Stefan, we intend to add resource delegates in a future release. This will work much like our calendar delegation works today, to be used for resources that require human intervention to approve scheduling. Resource free/busy also shows up in the appointment scheduling view, so you can see when resources are available that way.
Regarding whether you need to bring additional things to a meeting, an admin can either add notes to a resource that are specific to that resource (which are viewable and searchable by the end user when scheduling a resource), or you can add notes to the appointment directly.
skuda

managing resources

Postby skuda » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:39 am

I still not know how to manage a resource by an user approving requests.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

managing resources

Postby phoenix » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:25 am

[quote user="skuda"]I still not know how to manage a resource by an user approving requests.[/QUOTE]Have you tried using the Resources feature and set it up in the Admin UI? A better description of your problem in a new thread might help rather than tagging it onto an old thread like this.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra

Return to “Developers”