Exact release date of Zimbra 3.2?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
McPringle

Postby McPringle » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:16 am

Good morning!
Is there a more specific release date than Q3/2006 available? I have to make plans for testing and going live (I'm asked daily for functions which are coming with the next release) so it would be good (that means I need) to have a more specific date like e.g. week 35.

Thanks

McPringle

sshgz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby sshgz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:59 am

[quote user="McPringle"]Good morning!
Is there a more specific release date than Q3/2006 available? I have to make plans for testing and going live (I'm asked daily for functions which are coming with the next release) so it would be good (that means I need) to have a more specific date like e.g. week 35.

Thanks

McPringle[/QUOTE]
I am also waiting for it.
jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby jholder » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:30 pm

Unfortunetly, I don't think an EXACT date can be given. As you may very well know - Quality is always number 1. They have to make sure that the GA release is up to par, and won't break your system. That's why we're testing M2 now.
Barring the unveiling of any new Critical/Blocker bugs, it should be available in about two weeks (projected).
jh
sshgz
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby sshgz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:24 am

[quote]Unfortunetly, I don't think an EXACT date can be given. As you may very well know - Quality is always number 1. They have to make sure that the GA release is up to par, and won't break your system. That's why we're testing M2 now.
Barring the unveiling of any new Critical/Blocker bugs, it should be available in about two weeks (projected).
jh[/QUOTE]
I am testing 3.2 Beta M2, but don't test the "Notebook" funtion.

It is a woeful thing.
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby gmsmith » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:52 pm

[quote user="McPringle"]Good morning!

Thanks

McPringle[/QUOTE]
You can't rush it, its like a fine bottle of wine. You will never find the folks at Markham rushing the reserves out the door :)
I know it is frustrating not to know when, but I think the Zimbra folks are smart at how they handle releases. It is ready when it is ready...no false release dates, no fake hype.

Return to “Developers”