About this sms function.

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
sshgz
Advanced member
Advanced member

About this sms function.

Postby sshgz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:30 am

I want to know if the zimbra has this function : when my mailbox receive a message, a sms message could be sent to my mobile telephone automatically.
Does the sms zimlet has the same function?

Andy.pflaum

About this sms function.

Postby Andy.pflaum » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:36 am

The SMS Zimlet doesn't do this today (but anyone is welcome to tinker with the SMS Zimlet to make it do so....)
But you can achieve what you're asking for, if your SMS/phone address also has an email address associated with it. If so, you can enter this at the Options/Mail page where it asks "Address for new mail notifications"
For example for my mobile carrier, the email address for my phone is @vtext.com For another carrier here in the U.S., the standard is @messaging.sprintpcs.com
sshgz
Advanced member
Advanced member

About this sms function.

Postby sshgz » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:54 pm

[quote]The SMS Zimlet doesn't do this today (but anyone is welcome to tinker with the SMS Zimlet to make it do so....)
But you can achieve what you're asking for, if your SMS/phone address also has an email address associated with it. If so, you can enter this at the Options/Mail page where it asks "Address for new mail notifications"
For example for my mobile carrier, the email address for my phone is @vtext.com For another carrier here in the U.S., the standard is @messaging.sprintpcs.com[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately our SMS/phone addresses also don't have an email address associated with it.
bobby
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

About this sms function.

Postby bobby » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:24 am

what phone company do you have?

Return to “Developers”