How to retrieve only Email Headers Information

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
VistoPartner

Postby VistoPartner » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi Guys,
Is there anyway I can get only email headers information such as read/unread flag, To's, Cc's, Bcc's, Subject etc. I want to avoid getting Body, so that I can parse all the header information about the email and then get the body if needed.
Also, I was wondering how to get the change type for a particular email. When I do GetMsgRequest or GetItemRequest, it doesn't seem to provide information about is this email item New, Updated (Contacts and Calendar), Modified or Deleted? Any idea how to get these foe each items that we query?
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

- VistoPartner.

12237Dirk
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby 12237Dirk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:34 am

How do you plan to retrieve the headers? IMAP/POP/Soap?
I've done header retrieval from an inbox using POP3 and a perl script in the past, but not the others; but as Zimbra is protocol complient with a range of methods, you should be able to pick the protocol of your choice and impliment it as you desire.
VistoPartner

Postby VistoPartner » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:38 pm

I was trying to use SOAP APIs provided by zimbra to get the headers information for each email. I know we can do it using POP3 and IMAP, but didn't know how to using Zimbra SOAP API.
Thanks,

Return to “Developers”