[Solved] SOAP API - Hidden tags / Extended properties

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
Ralf.Smith

Postby Ralf.Smith » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi!
I would like to tag some emails using the SOAP API with a tag in a way that is not visible to end users. The tag “name” can be the same, but the tag “value” will be different for each email we tag. What would you suggest? Can we set some type of custom property, insert a X- header in MIME content, etc.? We need to both a/ tag emails (each with a different value) and b/ efficiently retrieve all tag values for tagged emails in a folder. We cannot afford to retrieve content for all emails in a folder just to be able to get tag values back.
Thanks in advance for your answer,

Ralf

Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby Krishopper » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:58 pm

You can use the SOAP API to add headers to new messages that you are composing, but I don't believe the search query supports searching for arbitrary headers. If it does, the documentation hasn't been updated appropriately.
You could also file an enhancement request in Bugzilla
Ralf.Smith

Postby Ralf.Smith » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:59 am

I see. I'll try to find another way then.

Thank you for your answer.
JoshuaPrismon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby JoshuaPrismon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 pm

[quote user="Ralf.Smith"]Hi!
I would like to tag some emails using the SOAP API with a tag in a way that is not visible to end users. The tag “name” can be the same, but the tag “value” will be different for each email we tag. What would you suggest? Can we set some type of custom property, insert a X- header in MIME content, etc.? We need to both a/ tag emails (each with a different value) and b/ efficiently retrieve all tag values for tagged emails in a folder. We cannot afford to retrieve content for all emails in a folder just to be able to get tag values back.
Thanks in advance for your answer,

Ralf[/QUOTE]
Zimlet's have the ability to describe indexes for their data, but I am not sure if that is still supported, or if you can do this for a header. The indexes that Zimbra stores is seperate from the physical representation.

Return to “Developers”