Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Interested in talking about Mash-up's? This is the place.
skyflyer
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 am

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby skyflyer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:23 am

Hi!
We've upgraded our installation and that overall did not go very smooth. After manual upgrade steps, we got it working, but we now have one issue in the web interface, and that is that when the interface loads, an error pops up:
Details of the error are:
An error occurred while initializing the zimlet "com_zimbra_attachcontacts". Please notify administrator.

------

TypeError: this.handlerObject._init is not a function
At first, this started happening for WebEx zimlet. I disabled it, and then there was an error with srchhighlighter zimlet. I disabled that one, and the error is now with attachcontacts zimlet. And so on.. I disabled linkedin, attachcontacts and zimbra social. Now the problem has gone away, but those zimlets are disabled.
Is this a zimlet issue or maybe a general one, but the zimlets which have been left enabled just don't use some functionality which would trigger the above error?
I don't really know where to look; the log files show no errors. We also have a staging environment with 7.0.1GA where there are no problems and zimlets are working fine (that system has been upgraded a week or so ago).
What to check next, where to look?
Thanks,

Miha.


7531prashant
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby 7531prashant » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 am

What is base version and OS before the upgrade?
skyflyer
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 am

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby skyflyer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:34 am

Base version before that vas 6.0.9
The OS is: Linux version 2.6.18-164.el5 (mockbuild@x86-003.build.bos.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)) #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009
d3dys
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:56 am

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby d3dys » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:35 pm

I am also facing similar problem. New installation of ZCS 7.0.1 GA 32-bit on CentOS 5.5.

Tried with com_processmaker_zimbra, com_zimbra_attachcontact, and some other zimlets as well.

But no error on com_smartsheet_zimbra.
Any log file to check?

Thanks.
skyflyer
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 am

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby skyflyer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:34 am

Hi guys!
Any pointers on how to fix those errors?
Thanks,

Miha.
skyflyer
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 am

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby skyflyer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:15 am

d3dys,
did you manage to get that fixed? Still no answer from Zimbra...
MightyGorilla
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby MightyGorilla » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:51 pm

We have a similar scenario to skyflyer. I would say the upgrade to 7.0.1 was fairly smooth, though. Really this was our only problem of importance, and even then- the zimlets were not considered critical, so we just disabled them.

Just like skyflyer mentioned, when we disabled one, another installed zimlet would fill the vacancy, but the error message was the same for all.
We are currently on 7.1.0_GA_3140 and now we would really like to get the zimlets working again. Any new zimlets I add or other installed ones I enable give the same error message.
I'm planning to upgrade to 7.1.2_GA_3268 this weekend and update the OS to current, but I have my doubts this is going to help matters.
It's running on Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS.
Thanks-
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby rrao » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:40 pm

It feels like you guys have two versions of the Zimlet installed. Make sure /opt/zimbra/zimlets-deployed has only one version (only one folder) of the Zimlet is present.

If you happen to use _dev folder inside /opt/zimbra/zimlets-deployed.. delete that.
Uninstall Zimlets and then reinstall them.
After all that, flush Zimlet cache. zmprov fc zimlet & clear browser cache.
MightyGorilla
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby MightyGorilla » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 am

Thank you rrao-
There were not any duplicates in the deployed folder, but the problem did go away after I undeployed almost every single zimlet (whether it was enabled or not). I left about 5 of the standard ones... Then I redeployed a few of the ones that were giving us trouble, flushed the zimlet cache, and browser cache like you said - and no errors. Thanks for the help!
skyflyer
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 am

Zimlet errors after upgrade to 7.0.1

Postby skyflyer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi!
We've upgraded now to 7.1.2 and still have issue with aforementioned zimlets.
There are no duplicates, no _dev directory and I've removed and redeployed via zmzimletctl.
The error is still the same.

Return to “Zimlets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests