This is the post to announce the Zimbra Notifier in the new Zimbra community pages, taken from gallery.zimbra.com, ZimbraNotifier allows notificacion of calendar events and mails, and it is a MAPI server too., it allows set Zimbra as default mail application, read the feature list below:
- Set Zimbra as the windows' default mail appplication with MAPI support. Now you can use Office mail merge, send mails from Excel and others using MAPi, integrate your legacy appliations back to the email. Simple MAPI compliance lets you use Zimbra Notifier as a bridge to send mails to Zimbra Server via MAPI. Try it !
- New version 5.2.15 released, with MAPI compatibility fixes.
- MAPI support. This application notifies of new e-mails and due date calendar appointments. Also in windows explorer, right click and send files or folders to zimbra drafts folder, ready to send. See video...
- Systems supported: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 and 64 bits), Windows 8 (32 and 64 bits), Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bits)
Plus all the features it always had:
- "Send to Zimbra" Shell extension, and MS Office / OpenOffice extensions.
- 14 languages supported (English, Español, Deutsch, Française, Italiano, Português, Russian, Swedish, Netherlands, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Greek).
- Show appointment reminders of all defined calendars or define rules based on calendar name.
- Supports Daylight Savings Time in calendars
- Use specific reminder time set in the appointment.
- Each appointment reminder is shown in his own tray icon, so you can dismiss it or delete it.
- Open zimbra without having to enter login info, just by double clicking in the tray icon
- Configure keyboard mail button to open zimbra directly.
- Handles mailto: links
- Changes the windows tray icon when new elements arrive
- Configurable alert mechanism (modal window, sound, alert balloon in Taskbar Notification Area)
- Allows omission of the spam folder elements.
- Uses polling interval from Zimbra Preferences Check for new email every...
- It weights just 276 Kb in size and does NOT requires .NET Framework to run
- Handles outgoing Proxy Authentication Requests
- Supports invalid SSL certificates
- Define Notification Rules (Regular Expressions supported)
- All Windows' versions supported
- Drag-and-Drop into ZimbraNotifier application icon to upload files into Zimbra's drafts folder. Press shift to zip them, or drag entire folders. It resolves winows' shortcuts
- Shared calendars and folders support.
Download it from the official site: www.habitech.com.ar by clicking on the "visit site" button. Download the demo version in your language. Extract all files. Run it and enter Zimbra mail server address, your Zimbra username, your Zimbra password, notification preferences and press OK. It will minimize to tray notification area, and poll regularly for new items.