deleting a subfolder under shared folder

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Postby bdial » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:09 am

I recently upgraded to 5.02 NE (we're in demo testing phase) and seem to remember this working differently in 5.00. Zimbra won't let me delete a sub folder of a shared folder I have mounted even if I was the one that created the sub folder and have full rights to the enteire tree.
Scensario:
I have a central user called company@domain.com i'm using as a store for shared e-mail folders. I have one of their folders /Tech shared to the techgroup@domain.com with rwidx permissions
user1 is a member of the distribution list techgroup@domain.com
user1 creates a link to a shared e-mail folder
owner: company@domain.com

path: /Tech

name: Tech
under that is a few subfolders already that show up. one of them is "vendors". I can verify via zmmailbox that the techgroup has rwidx permissions on both /Tech and /Tech/vendors.
as user1 I right click on vendors and select new folder, names it Zimbra for example. new folder /Tech/vendors/Zimbra is created, verified rwidx inherited permissions. user1 can put a message in there, delete a message from there. However, if user1 tries to delete the Zimbra folder this message comes up
msg: cannot copy object: 5665

code: mail.CANNOT_COPY

method: FolderActionRequest

detail: soap:Sender

data: [object Object]

trace: com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: cannot copy object: 5665 Code:mail.CANNOT_COPY Arg:(itemId, IID, "5665") at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Ma...
Is this the intended behavior? It is actually maybe a blessing since there is no folder level delete inhibit it seems, however I don't want to have to login as the company@domain.com user in order to delete any shared subfolder in our company.

dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Postby dkarp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:02 pm

This should be fixed in 5.0.3.
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Postby bdial » Thu May 08, 2008 8:46 am

This problem still exists in 5.05 I couldn't find a bug report about it do you know of one?
 http://www.flylife.org/zimbra/zmdeleteerror.jpg />
dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Postby dkarp » Thu May 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Please file a new bug. I think we may have missed this case.

Return to “Users”