Select folder for Sent mail

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
DuncanK

Postby DuncanK » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm

We are looking at migrating from using Pegasus Mail to ZCS.
One great feature of Pegasus that we really rely on when sending emails is an option to prompt for a folder to put the copy of the Sent mail. This allows us to keep all the email conversations to and from a particular Customer in one folder.
Am I missing something, or is there really no way to do this in ZCS?

6233maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby 6233maxxer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Not that I know, but you can setup outgoing filters, so you can automatically store your sent emails based on recipient or whatever rules you prefer!
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 am

[quote user="DuncanK"]One great feature of Pegasus that we really rely on when sending emails is an option to prompt for a folder to put the copy of the Sent mail. This allows us to keep all the email conversations to and from a particular Customer in one folder.[/QUOTE]Conversations contain all the mail for that conversation no matter which folder it's in (including the Sent folder), you can also save searches for later retrieval of the messages.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
DuncanK

Postby DuncanK » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:03 pm

[quote user="6233maxxer"]Not that I know, but you can setup outgoing filters, so you can automatically store your sent emails based on recipient or whatever rules you prefer! [/QUOTE]
Yes, we found the filtering feature, but we have 17 Customers, 22 'Partner' organisations, 26 Suppliers and 11 Regulatory bodies that we communicate with via email. That's a lot of filtering rules that the system has to parse thru each time you send a message. And that doesn't cope with consultants that we deal with with respect to projects at a particular Customer that we would want to put in that folder.
We could rely on people transferring emails from their Sent folder to the correct one, but we all know that some people are just slack and won't do it.
DuncanK

Postby DuncanK » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:11 pm

[quote user="10330phoenix"]Conversations contain all the mail for that conversation no matter which folder it's in (including the Sent folder), you can also save searches for later retrieval of the messages.[/QUOTE]
Yes, but how would everyone else in the organisation see the entire conversation? Would everyone need to share their Sent folders? If you did that then everyone would be able to see everyone else's personal sent messages.
I don't understand how organisations work without this feature. Does everyone just rely on CC? What if someone joins the 'conversation' late in the piece, they won't have all the messages that have gone before.
6233maxxer
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby 6233maxxer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:20 am

Generally you cope with that using folders sharing, and filters. I see you have a lot of conditions, but you have them now as well, aren't you?

Once you decide a "master" account you can copy your filters from this account to all the others using command line scripting. We do that for a customer of us.

Return to “Users”