Zimbra 8 shortcut key to move messages to a folder

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
ThorGoLucky
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby ThorGoLucky » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:34 am

Hi, after upgrading from Zimbra 7 to 8, users have complained that they can no longer use a shortcut key to easily move messages to a custom folder. I have searched and only get outdated information about older versions. Thanks for any suggestions.

918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 918jjohnson » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 pm

[quote user="ThorGoLucky"]Hi, after upgrading from Zimbra 7 to 8, users have complained that they can no longer use a shortcut key to easily move messages to a custom folder. I have searched and only get outdated information about older versions. Thanks for any suggestions.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, the shortcut keys for moving messages did not change between 7 and 8. I think they did change back in the upgrade from 5 to 6, but I'm not 100% sure as that was a little before my time. The current shortcut key for move is [m], which will bring up a dialog to select the folder which can be done by typing the first letters of the name and pressing enter. If you know the name of the folder without looking at the dialog, you can string the keys together without waiting for the dialog to appear by using the [mm] + [{folder name}] + [enter] combination. For example, I can send messages to my archive folder by typing [mma] + [enter]. Additionally, all the available keyboard shortcuts are available to all users in the Preferences section under "Keyboard Shortcuts". Hope this helps.
ThorGoLucky
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby ThorGoLucky » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 am

[quote user="918jjohnson"]As far as I know, the shortcut keys for moving messages did not change between 7 and 8. I think they did change back in the upgrade from 5 to 6, but I'm not 100% sure as that was a little before my time. The current shortcut key for move is [m], which will bring up a dialog to select the folder which can be done by typing the first letters of the name and pressing enter. If you know the name of the folder without looking at the dialog, you can string the keys together without waiting for the dialog to appear by using the [mm] + [{folder name}] + [enter] combination. For example, I can send messages to my archive folder by typing [mma] + [enter]. Additionally, all the available keyboard shortcuts are available to all users in the Preferences section under "Keyboard Shortcuts". Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

The "m" key worked, thanks. And renaming the folders to start with numbers makes it extra quick.

Return to “Users”