Spam - Research Promo Center

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
j-bradley

Postby j-bradley » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:50 pm

I receive hundreds of spam messages weekly. Zimbra's junk mail filter does a very good, but not perfect job filtering them to "Junk".

There are many unsolicited spam messages that arrive in my Inbox with "Research Promo Center, 700 N Valley St Suite B, Anaheim CA 92801" buried deep within the body, and no matter how many of these I tag as Spam and get moved to the Junk folder, Zimbra's anti-spam system doesn't seem to notice this common "Research Promo Center" content that is indicative of a spam sender.
Just letting you know, and asking if there's any better way to train the system to recognize this garbage. Thanks!

mfehr
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby mfehr » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Did you find a solution in the mean time? I am affected with the same issue. This type of spam is becoming very annoying
Here is part of the message header (changed my server name to 'my.server.com' and replaced keys with '':
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at server.com

X-Spam-Flag: NO

X-Spam-Score: 3.608

X-Spam-Level: ***

X-Spam-Status: No, score=3.608 tagged_above=-10 required=5 tests=[BAYES_99=3.5, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, SPF_HELO_PASS=-0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001, T_DKIM_INVALID=0.01] autolearn=no

Authentication-Results: my.server.com (amavisd-new); dkim=fail (1024-bit key) reason="fail (body has been altered)" header.d=raisine.us; domainkeys=fail (1024-bit key) reason="fail (message has been altered)" header.from=ReverseHerpes@raisine.us header.d=raisine.us

Dkim-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; s=public; d=raisine.us; h=MIME-Version:From:To:Subject:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID:Date; i=ReverseHerpes@raisine.us; bh=; b=;

Domainkey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; s=public; d=raisine.us; b=;

Return to “Users”