Email fonts

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
Gorgeous

Email fonts

Postby Gorgeous » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:21 pm

I can barely read my email. What's the deal. You can change the print font, but not the font of the email list you are viewing or the email you are viewing. It is soo tiny. I do not want to change everything in the browser, just the email. Why is just this a problem?

918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Email fonts

Postby 918jjohnson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi Gorgeous,
It's difficult to troubleshoot your issue without noting more details.
Please note the software (Zimbra AJAX Web Client, Zimbra HTML Web Client, Zimbra Desktop, etc) you are using as well as the version. Also, if you're using a web client please note the browser and platform.
mehturt

Email fonts

Postby mehturt » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:03 pm

I have the opposite issue. The fonts for the conversations pane can be adjusted, but not the fonts for the email text itself (e.g. the monospaced font for plain/text emails). They are too large on my system. I'm using Firefox nightly on GNU/Linux amd64.
JoshJohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Email fonts

Postby JoshJohnson » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Again, difficult to make suggestions without knowing which version of Zimbra you're on.  Here's a screenshot of the preferences for Zimbra 8.6 which shows that you can set the size of both display and print text.

mehturt

Email fonts

Postby mehturt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:41 am

Yes, sorry about that, I'm on Zimbra 8.6. I have found this setting, however it's not possible to choose the font size in points, I think the problem is that even the "Small" is too big for me. The font that is used in Conversations pane seems ok, but the font used to display email body is too big (bigger than the one in Conversations).
JoshJohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Email fonts

Postby JoshJohnson » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:57 am

You wouldn't happen to be using Internet Explorer would you? If you are, you might try another browser or making sure you're upgraded to the latest version, as there are some font sizing issues with some versions of IE. Beyond that, I'm not sure what the issue would be, as the message body should be governed by that setting as well. I'll dig around a bit to see if I can come up with something, but I'm not holding my breath. One other alternative if you feel like getting your hands dirty would be to build an user-level style sheet (extensions like Stylish make this pretty easy) to edit the settings to your personal taste. But this does require some basic knowledge of CSS selectors.
mehturt

Email fonts

Postby mehturt » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:09 pm

No, I'm using Firefox on GNU/Linux. In the nightly build the fonts look bigger, in the stable it's a bit better. However it would be good if the font size could be selected separately for UI and emails, e.g. I would prefer even smaller monospaced font for the text/plain emails.
JoshJohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Email fonts

Postby JoshJohnson » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:05 pm

I don't expect that managing the font sizes separately is a common request, but if you like you can file it as an enhancement request on bugzilla.zimbra.com where product management will review and prioritize. In the meantime, a user-level style sheet is likely your best option.
mehturt

Email fonts

Postby mehturt » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:22 am

Thanks, I installed Stylish and put together a style.

Return to “Users”