Hand time

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
tjh1965

Hand time

Postby tjh1965 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 am

I am having issues with zimbra hanging for a few seconds at a time . . . very frequently. I access using Firefox and IE 8 or 9, depending upon the PC I am on.
It is particularly annoying when typing an email message. I will be several words ahead of what actually typed into the screen before I notice that the curser has locked up. I then have to wait for it to start working again, usually 3-5 seconds.
This only happens with Zimbra and does not happen with any other programs I am running on my PC.
Another issue I experience is that the spell check will reset itself before I get a chance to make any corrections. The words will highlight, then seconds later it kicks itself out of the spell check function. Maybe the two problems are related?
Thanks for any help.

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hand time

Postby phoenix » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:45 am

[quote user="tjh1965"]I am having issues with zimbra hanging for a few seconds at a time . . . very frequently. I access using Firefox and IE 8 or 9, depending upon the PC I am on. [/QUOTE]You've posted this in the Zimbra Desktop forums, is that the product you're using and which version is it?
[quote user="tjh1965"]Another issue I experience is that the spell check will reset itself before I get a chance to make any corrections. The words will highlight, then seconds later it kicks itself out of the spell check function. [/QUOTE]That's because your browser is refreshing the window.
[quote user="tjh1965"]Maybe the two problems are related?[/QUOTE]No, they're not.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
tjh1965

Hand time

Postby tjh1965 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 am

Zimbra is offered by my web hosting company as an email option, I access my Zimbra account through the web. I do not use any desktop programs like Outlook to access it.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hand time

Postby phoenix » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:19 am

[quote user="tjh1965"]Zimbra is offered by my web hosting company as an email option, I access my Zimbra account through the web.[/QUOTE]You should have said that in the first place, which company hosts your email?
[quote user="tjh1965"]I do not use any desktop programs like Outlook to access it.[/QUOTE]Then why did you post this question in the Zimbra Desktop forum rather than the correct Zimbra Collaboration Server/Users forum? I'll move this to the correct forum.
You also need to give details of which version of Zimbra you're using and what the specification of your PC is and whether you're using any firewall/anti-virus/anti-malware or email checking software.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168

Return to “Users”