Send and receive button in Zimbra 8 web client

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
ilozv

Postby ilozv » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 am

Sorry if I missed something, but I can not find any info regarding to it (maybe my mistake).
So the Send/Receive button in 8 (web) no longer available? Or is there any way to display it?

918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 918jjohnson » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 pm

[quote user="ilozv"]Sorry if I missed something, but I can not find any info regarding to it (maybe my mistake).

So the Send/Receive button in 8 (web) no longer available? Or is there any way to display it?[/QUOTE]
Send/Receive is more of a legacy term from desktop mail clients to force them to connect to the server and then the actions would be taken as a side effect. Since the Zimbra Web Client is always connected to the server by its nature, the functionality was rolled into the common "Refresh" action which is consistently shown as the refresh icon to the right of the tabs in all selected applications. Also the "=" button keyboard shortcut will still continue to refresh the display of your incoming messages. Hope this helps.
- Josh
ilozv

Postby ilozv » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 am

Hello Josh,
thank you for your answer. We will train our users according to this.
Zoltan

Return to “Users”