No Opera support?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
10221Charles

No Opera support?

Postby 10221Charles » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:09 am

I was dissappointed to see that you blocked me because I use Opera. Will you provide support for Opera anytime soon? :confused:

14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

No Opera support?

Postby 14319KevinH » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:58 am

We do not block Opera. We simply warn that it's not been fully tested/certified with our app. You can click past this to get to the login page(assuming a local install). You'll see at this point you can get the login page but can't submit the form. We are working to support Opera. Our goal is to support as many browsers as possible. Today we fully support Mozilla, Firefox, and IE. We are working on Opera and Safari support.
cboni
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

No Opera support?

Postby cboni » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We are evaluating Opera support for a future release. To help us further, what OS do you use, and why do you prefer Opera over other browsers on your OS? Thanks.
10221Charles

No Opera support?

Postby 10221Charles » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:35 pm

I'm using Opera on PC-BSD. I prefer Opera because it is very fast, it has several applications in one, and it has incredible features :rolleyes:
hoss

No Opera support?

Postby hoss » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:38 am

I had also tried the demo Zimbra on Opera but was stopped at the login screen after the warning page.
I have been using Opera for about 3 years now and I hate it when I have to go back to IE. Opera is much faster and more customizable to suit the needs of the user and not the masses.
It always disappoints me when opera support is put on to the back burner. I understand that programming must be done for the masses (IE and FF) but when a product is being created to compete with Microsoft it's strange that there browser of choice would be a Microsoft Product, and a open source project for good measure.
Personally I prefer Opera to Fire Fox any day, but that is my choice. There is nothing wrong with Fire Fox, or really IE for that mater; however different users access the internet in different ways and I hope that Opera (or other browser) support is not introduced after the project is out of beta.

Thanks for reading
--

Anthony

Lover of Opera! (really can’t live without it :)
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

No Opera support?

Postby 14319KevinH » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:11 pm

Not forgotton just not a top priority. If any Opera experts out in the community would like to take a look at the code and submit a patch I'd send them some Zimbra Wear ;)
wngoju

No Opera support?

Postby wngoju » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:45 am

I too would like Opera support. I like the look/feel of Opera, but it is flakey on some stuff, like ajax. I suspect it's Opera's problem. Strangely, the opera/zim communities seem to be somewhat disjoint. I guess that's because Opera has a Zimbra wannabe in M2. I searched for zimbra in opera and found only the post from me (today) asking for zimbra support.

/b
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

No Opera support?

Postby phoenix » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:43 am

Opera support isn't top priority as you can see by the post from KevinH above. Perhaps you could try 'recruiting' some Opera experts to help fix the Zimbra support for Opera. :)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
andrewg_oz

No Opera support?

Postby andrewg_oz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:42 pm

A request was posted on the Opera forums looking for "volunteers" to figure out Opera's problems with Zimbra. I guess I'm the first "volunteer" :p
Here's what I've found:
Opera's error console reports a compilation error in the file http://demo.zimbra.com/zimbra/js/ZimbraMail_all.js.zgz?v=xxxxxxx">http://demo.zimbra.com/zimbra/js/ZimbraMail_all.js.zgz?v=xxxxxxx at line 9553 (or thereabouts). The line in question is:
document.getElementById(this._idBorderCollapse).checked=/collapse/i.test(_8ab);
I couldn't see anything wrong with that, but changed it to:
document.getElementById(this._idBorderCollapse).checked=(_8ab.match(/collapse/i)!=null);
which resolved the error.
I also noticed while troubleshooting that the HTTP responses for the requests for http://demo.zimbra.com/zimbra/js/ZimbraMail_all.js.zgz?v=xxx and http://demo.zimbra.com/zimbra/js/Ajax_all.js.zgz?v=xxx do not have the required Content-Type header ("text/javascript"). I had to use The Proxomitron to temporarily fix the headers.
After that I ended up with a network error and couldn't proceed. Maybe if the above was fixed I might be able to proceed further?
Edit: To clarify, the "network error" was in a Zimbra alert box of some sort, not an actual network error between me and Zimbra!
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

No Opera support?

Postby 14319KevinH » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:19 am

The regex itme you hit is a bug in Opera. The Opera team has confirmed this bug. Our latest SVN has a work-around for it. The content-type shouldn't matter, since these are loaded from

Return to “Users”