Large number of attachments

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
matthijsberg

Postby matthijsberg » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:50 am

Hello all,
I have found two things that might be improved (if I am not the only one who experiences them).
The first is saving attachments from an e-mail. I have received an e-mail with a large number of attachments (yes, of cause it can be put into a zip file, but is isnÂ’t and trust me that I donÂ’t want to explain the customer how to build zip filesÂ…). If I wish to save them, I cannot do that at once (at least, I havenÂ’t found how). Saving them separately is very time consuming. So maybe, in the future something to look at for the development team..?
The second one was a little more disturbing, I tried to reply to the message. Due to the large number of attachments, and no scrollbar on the side of the screen I do not see the body message. Please see the attachment.
I hope you can improve your great product with this info.
Kind regards,

Matthijs

ss-attachments.jpg

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:54 am

It would be better if you filed these in bugzilla as a feature request (multiple save) and a bug (no scrollbar), they get tracked better there. Can you also detail how many attachements there are and also attach the screen capture. Don't forget to vote for them. Many thanks.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
matthijsberg

Postby matthijsberg » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:58 am

Thanks,
Done that, and voted for the bugreport.
pshah
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby pshah » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:29 am

[quote user="matthijsberg"]

The first is saving attachments from an e-mail. I have received an e-mail with a large number of attachments (yes, of cause it can be put into a zip file, but is isnÂ’t and trust me that I donÂ’t want to explain the customer how to build zip filesÂ…). If I wish to save them, I cannot do that at once (at least, I havenÂ’t found how). Saving them separately is very time consuming. So maybe, in the future something to look at for the development team..?

[/QUOTE]
Great idea. You should file an enhancement request in bugzilla.
[quote user="matthijsberg"]

The second one was a little more disturbing, I tried to reply to the message. Due to the large number of attachments, and no scrollbar on the side of the screen I do not see the body message. Please see the attachment.

[/QUOTE]
This has been fixed in subsequent builds (dont remember the exact build number). We now limit the height of the section where attachments are shown so having multiple attachments will yield a scrollbar.
GoFar

Postby GoFar » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 pm

[quote user="pshah"]Great idea. You should file an enhancement request in bugzilla.

[/QUOTE]
Has this been done? I couldn't find it but I would like to vote for it.
pshah
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby pshah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:41 pm

Return to “Users”