External images not displayed - can this be an option?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
jloechner

Postby jloechner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:26 am

When reading html email, this note appears at the top of each email message:
External images are not displayed. Click here to display external images.
Once this has been selected, the images show up. Is there any option/setting to either disable this behaviour on a global basis, or can each user toggle this on or off? After a few times, especially with trusted senders and ESPECIALLY when going back to the same message it is annoying to have to click the link at the top each time.
Thanks,

Jeff

pshah
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby pshah » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 pm

There currently are no options you can set for the "External images" link. We do remember you clicked on the link in some instances (see bug 4170.
Regardless, your request is reasonable.. please add an enhancement request in bugzilla.
billclint

Postby billclint » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:30 am

I would also like to see this set as an option. I do not like having to click 'display images' every time I open an html message.
Also, it seems that this is supposed to be 'cached' but each time I reload the same email, it always has that annoying 'display images' link.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:33 am

[quote user="billclint"]I would also like to see this set as an option. I do not like having to click 'display images' every time I open an html message.
Also, it seems that this is supposed to be 'cached' but each time I reload the same email, it always has that annoying 'display images' link.[/QUOTE]Check in bugzilla and see if the original poster entered it as an RFE, if not then file it and vote on it.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
urbanX

Postby urbanX » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:21 pm

and if you do post it to bugzilla, please report the bug number and/or a link here, so others will know about it and can vote for it.
thanks.
d.
BEEz

Postby BEEz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm continually annoyed by this default setting, so much so that I registered with this forum so that I could post a comment. Given that we can already set our browsers to prompt before displaying images in emails, this setting is unnecessary... and to not give us the option to change the setting is very frustrating...
pshah
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby pshah » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Look under Preferences > Mail > Displaying Messages > "Download pictures automatically in HTML Email"
This may be a new preference in 6.x.
BEEz

Postby BEEz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks, but my version does not have that option. Also, my version is what loads up when I check email via my internet provider (mediacom), whereas it sounds like most of the folks here are working with software they installed (???). I don't see any way to check the version my ISP is using... hopefully they upgrade soon so that this issue is solved.
ArcaneMagus
Elite member
Elite member

Postby ArcaneMagus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

If you are curious, you can find the version they are running by typing this in the search box:

$set:get version
BEEz

Postby BEEz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks, I did check the version (which, for the record, can only be done in the advanced version and not in the html version, at least as far as I can tell) and it is 5.0.16_GA_3083.RHEL5_64.

Return to “Users”