Why does my signature change?

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
jshmueli

Postby jshmueli » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:07 pm

I once had my signature as a one-liner. I've since changed it. Only I keep noticing that it reverts itself back to the old one after a couple days.
(yes, I'm saving it!)
Any thoughts?

mbert

Postby mbert » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:17 am

One of my users has just reported the same issue.
I have tried to recreate on my account, but no luck.
Now, it is possible that it will only show up after I restart Zimbra (Unable to Test right now) as the user reports that this appears every morning (server shuts down at night for backup)
soxfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby soxfan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:57 am

I had a user report the same thing yesterday. I can't reproduce. This user claims the change sticks for a couple of days and then reverts back. I shutdown the zimbra services each night for a backup, so I don't think it is related to stopping and starting the services. Then again you can't always rely on the users giving accurate info on the problem.
mbert

Postby mbert » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 am

Update:
Still not happening on my account. So it is isolated to one account.

It has reappeared on that account as excpected again today....
11447iain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 11447iain » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:34 am

One of my users has reported this - can't see any obvious reason. Definitely no Zimbra restart between the new signature being set and the old one popping up in preferences again.
(Zimbra 5.0.10)
handza

Postby handza » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:33 am

Hi guys,
any ideas about this issue, it happens to our users as well. we are using version OE 5.0.6, they save new signature but it changes to old one. we do not shut down server in this interval.
it is really annoying so please anyone?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:38 am

[quote user="handza"]Hi guys,
any ideas about this issue, it happens to our users as well. we are using version OE 5.0.6, they save new signature but it changes to old one. we do not shut down server in this interval.
it is really annoying so please anyone?[/QUOTE]One user or many users? Have you tried a reindex of the mail account that's having the problem. Have a search of bugzilla to see if this has been reported, if not please file a new bug report. It won't get fixed or looked at until someone reports a problem in bugzilla.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
algoman

Postby algoman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:20 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]One user or many users? Have you tried a reindex of the mail account that's having the problem. Have a search of bugzilla to see if this has been reported, if not please file a new bug report. It won't get fixed or looked at until someone reports a problem in bugzilla.[/QUOTE]
IT worked for me.
We set the signature via CLI but when user wanted to change his signature Zimbra, despite its message "Preferences saved" after a logout/login cycle showed the old signature contents. After mailbox reindexing the correct signature shows up.
Thanks
Guglielmo
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:40 am

[quote user="algoman"]We set the signature via CLI but when user wanted to change his signature Zimbra, despite its message "Preferences saved" after a logout/login cycle showed the old signature contents. After mailbox reindexing the correct signature shows up. [/QUOTE]Thanks for the update on this issue. Would you mind having a look in bugzilla to see if there's anything about this problem? If there isn't could you file a report with full details of what happened and that a re-index fixed it.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mbert

Postby mbert » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Just stumbled on to a workaround for this problem.
While in the affected users account, I created a new second signature. Then set this signature as the default and then deleted the original signature.
New signature is holding using this method.

Return to “Users”