The Demo Login is broken.

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
timbuethe

Postby timbuethe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:55 am

Hi,
I think either, the Demo Login is broken or I'm to stupid for that captcha. When I go to

http://www.testzimbra.com/zimbraDemo/public/ValidateDemoCreation.jsp and try to solve the captcha, the page reloads and presents me a new one, what seems to be the "you failed" operation. I tried that like ten times without success... I think it is buggy.
Tim

uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby uxbod » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:09 am

Welcome to the forums :)
I have tried 10 times and 8 were successful. Sometimes I was not sure whether to enter a capital letter or not. Apart from that appeared all okay.
timbuethe

Postby timbuethe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:24 am

Thanks for the greeting, nice to be here :)
However, this seems to be a Firefox problem only. I use FF 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 8.10 and can't get in. When I use Opera, it works but the app looks broken. On a the windows machine and IE of an colleague it works fine.
Could someone try this with FF please?
Tim
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby uxbod » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:26 am

Clear your browser cache first, though this has been reported by others and the only way around it was to create a new FF profile. I am running FF 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 8.10 and am not experiencing the issue. Do you have lots of extensions installed aswell ?
timbuethe

Postby timbuethe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:37 am

Cookies deleted and Cache cleared, but still no success. And yes, I have some extensions, delicious, stumbleupon, adblock, firebug, greasemonkey, linkification and ubuntu firefox modifications (whatever that is :-)
jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby jholder » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:28 am

Hi,
The hosted demo checks referrers; ie where you came from. This helps us ensure that sites are not hammering the server with bad requests.
There are a few firefox extensions (mainly AdBlock and AdBlock Plus) that prevent the browser from sending referrer information.
Because the server cannot establish where you are coming from, it denies you access.
To access the demo, you'll need to disable it, or use Safari or IE.
Thanks

john
timbuethe

Postby timbuethe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Aha, deactivating AdBlock Plus helps. It would be great if it could say "error: unknown referrer" so people know they don't got the captcha wrong. Or, in my opinon even better, if there is no referrer and the users uses FF, add some text like "Dear Firefox user, we can not see the referrer, make sure you deactivate AdBlock on this site" or something along those lines...
regards,

Tim

Return to “Users”