Zimbra Tags

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
natystring

Zimbra Tags

Postby natystring » Wed May 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Hello,
I want to know how can I share tags?? in zimbra collaboration suite. I had used tasks and I could share it, but I want to share tags too.

fcash
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Tags

Postby fcash » Wed May 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Short answer: you can't. Not yet.
Long answer: if you create tags with the same names, same colours, in the same order, for all the accounts that need to "share" tags, then it will mostly work. When you add a tag to a shared item, it just puts the "tag ID" on that message. When you view the tags, it uses the "tag names" as set on that account.
Joss

Zimbra Tags

Postby Joss » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:17 am

Hello

So I suppose it's the same for the address book? We have a shared one, but tagging contacts does not appear for everyone (ie I tag a contact, I'm the only one to see it which is not very useful).

Is there no way to make this work?
Thanks!
fcash
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Zimbra Tags

Postby fcash » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:47 am

It should be the same for everywhere that tags are used. You have to create the tags using the same names, in the same order, for all accounts that will be sharing folders, addressbooks, calendars, etc.
When you tag items, just the tag index number is attached to the item, and not the tag name.
If I create the tags "important", "normal", and "not important", and then you create the tags "yes", "no", and "maybe", and I tag an item as "important" in a shared folder, you will see it tagged as "yes".
rayb2001

Zimbra Tags

Postby rayb2001 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Is it possible to get the list of the tag ID's so we can make sure to create the tags using the same names/order for other accounts?
I guess this is bug Bug 23060 – Tags / Categories on Shared Contacts + syncing
There is no comittment to when/if this very old bug will be fixed. However, it is a serious shortcomming in the current product. The whole tag feature is only half-baked. I believe we need to tell our customers that they can not share categories/tags because the workaround is near impossible to get right.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Tags

Postby jerryboi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 am

There has to be a way to export a users tags, surely? A CLI command that creates a simple table for a user like this:

tagID; tagNAME; tagCOLOR
koning

Zimbra Tags

Postby koning » Mon May 14, 2012 11:04 am

So three years later this high priority (for some) feature is not even on the road map? Oh boy.... :(
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Tags

Postby phoenix » Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 am

[quote user="koning"]So three years later this high priority (for some) feature is not even on the road map? Oh boy.... :([/QUOTE]It only has 21 votes on it (not including you, as far as I can tell) and that, I guess, means it's not high priority for most users.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
duda

Zimbra Tags

Postby duda » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:15 am

Is there any chance that tags can be shared or even exported?
This bug is known for years and we expected that in Zimbra 8.0.4 it would get functional, but it isn't. We are trying to build a corporate address book in Zimbra and share it - but it seems that it's better not to do so. It is just not "collaborative".

Please, do get serious about functionality and purpose of the product.
Regards,
Duda
918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Zimbra Tags

Postby 918jjohnson » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:21 am

As of Zimbra 8, tagged data CAN be shared. See Bug 5210 ? Tagging shared items
If user 1 tags a contact and shares the address book with user 2, user 2 can now see that tag on the contact and add that tag to his own list of local tag strings.

Return to “Users”