Zimbra to G Suite Migration

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
avwatson

Zimbra to G Suite Migration

Postby avwatson » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:53 pm

I am attempting to migrate my boss' old emails/folders/contacts from Zimbra's web client into G Suite. Because we don't have a Zimbra Desktop, I can't seem to download the tgz files, and when I go into my Preferences > Accounts, there is no option to set up a secondary account, there are just my Primary Account Settings. There are no tasks and there's nothing in the calendar, and I would even be willing to re-type all the contacts and re-file into the folders, but I need to migrate all the old client emails to the new account.

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

zimico
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P3

Re: Zimbra to G Suite Migration

Postby zimico » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:24 am

The easiest way is using migration service. You can google for some. Example: Transend, audriga.
Regards,
Minh.
neutronscott

Re: Zimbra to G Suite Migration

Postby neutronscott » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:55 am

Have you checked that external accounts aren't disabled? Under Manage > Accounts > Boss's user > Features > External IMAP access is checked?
Emails should be simple enough with an imap2imap, imapsync tool. I have not done this and have no ideas for calendar and contacts.
With just one account, if you can use Outlook you can pull it all in, save to PST, and be usable from the Gsuite Migration Tool.

Return to “Users”