Autocomplete from GAL

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
9432henry
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Autocomplete from GAL

Postby 9432henry » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:50 am

[quote user="10339alee"]ZCO creates 2 files per profile. one is the .zdb file and this is similar to the .pst file that Outlook creates. there is also an .idm file which contains some information the ZCO uses. If you delete the .zdb and .idm file for a particular profile, the next time that you launch Outlook will result in an initial sync again. depending on the size of your mailbox, this could take a while but you are back to a clean state.[/QUOTE]
Correction.

The latest ZCO creates 2 idm files per profile.

One of them is used only for GAL.

So you need to remove all of them.

glassman

Autocomplete from GAL

Postby glassman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:41 am

Thank you for that information. The thing is is that on this users Zimbra Web Client, there are no stored emailed contacts (save 4 or 5). In Outlook this is the same, but the auto complete will work for email addresses he may have just sent to eventhough those email addresses are not stored in the emailed contacts folder.
Is there a way to import a GAL into Outlook so that Outlook will autocomplete at least with those addresses (as opposed to having to go To:)
inigoml
Advanced member
Advanced member

Autocomplete from GAL

Postby inigoml » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 am

Hi Paul123
I suppose you will have found a fix for your problem. If not, this is mi receipt. Better late than never:
(tip: since I work with Outlook 2007 in spanish, some menus could have changed. I'm translating to english at my way).
1- From Outlook 2007, open your Address List. (Tools -> Address List)

2- From Address list, open Options (Tools -> Options)

3- Press Add -> Global Address List
Et voilá.
Now, when composing an emai, start typing address and then press ALT+K (or press Check Names icon.

Autocomplete the way ZWC does implies you have to have sent at least once an email to that contact.
[quote user="paul123"]I thought this was a limitation of Outlook.
I just tried the other method you described and it works, thanks I did not know you could do that.
Do you know if Outlook 2007 might have this feature? Also while on the 2007 subject will Zimbra be supporting 2007 Outlook in the near future?[/QUOTE]

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Outlook”