Message sending multiple times

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
sholden

Postby sholden » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:30 am

I have a user who sent an email in Outlook (using the zimbra connector) which ended up being sent multiple times.
The mail was still in his Outlook outbox and was being sent over and over again. It stopped sending when he deleted it from the outbox in outlook.
The user also uses zimbra mobile which would have been syncing and so on at the same time, but the email in question was done solely in Outlook.
Any ideas as to why? And more importantly how I make it not happen again.

tmarshall

Postby tmarshall » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 am

This happened to one of our executives, latest connector and Outlook 2007. Two emails and a meeting invite became stuck in the outbox and the emails were resent approximately 2000 times. He shut down the machine and restarted Outlook, and they kept sending until he deleted from the outbox.
One of them was sent to a customer, approximately 2000 times. It was very embarrassing. Since I have no idea what caused it I switched him to Thunderbird.
-Trevor
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 10339alee » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:56 am

hi,
the best way to try to debug this problem is to get us the outlooks logs when this happens.
Outlook Troubleshooting Options - Zimbra :: Wiki
--Tony
jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby jholder » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi guys-

We're very interested and concerned about your problem. We hope you can get us logs as soon as possible. Also the zimbra.log's in /var/log/ would be helpful
Feel free to contact me or tony via e-mail if needed.
john

jholder@zimbra.com
915Matt

Postby 915Matt » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:54 am

Not much help since I don't have the logs any more, but thought I'd mention that I have had this happen as well. One of our customers mails got stuck in his outbox and was sent approx 2 million times! He had quite a fast Internet connection hence the number. Our servers (exim mta's) were refusing to deliver it but that didn't stop Outlook trying again and again. That was on 4.5.
Petrus.Rossouw

Postby Petrus.Rossouw » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 am

Hi,
I have the same problem since upgrading to 5.0.10

It seems to be affecting only messages with attachments.
Does anyone have any ideas?

I have also noticed that mail stuck in the outbox does not show up in /var/log/mail.log but it does go out to the recipient several times untill it is manually deleted by the user
:confused: :confused:
support.txdistlcms.org

Postby support.txdistlcms.org » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

We just had this issue. Made a copy of /val/log/zimbra.log for you. Anything else I can send at this point?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:40 am

[quote user="support.txdistlcms.org"]We just had this issue. Made a copy of /val/log/zimbra.log for you. Anything else I can send at this point?[/QUOTE]This thread is over two years old, you should have started a new thread on your problem. If you're using the Zimbra Outlook Connector and you're an NE customer you should open a support case, if not then start a new thread and post details of your ZImbra release and version number and exact details of the problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
s00mar

Postby s00mar » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:12 am

Hi!
We have had this problem also. I think it started with the 6.0 connector and has been with us since. I have started a supportcase for it but I wanted to write here to for others to see that it's still a problem and it needs to be fixed since it's extreamly embarrasing to be responsible for sending the same email thousands of times.
Any one has any pointers and it will be immensely appreciated.
/marcus
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby fsiegel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 am

You have no specific issue listed, so it is impossible to help. Obviously this is not going to be the same problem as 2 years ago. If you can give exact steps of what you are doing, perhaps we can help.

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Outlook”