[SOLVED] Outlook Debug Error message

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
exitcomestothis

Postby exitcomestothis » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 am

ATTACHED IS THE OUTPUT OF THE MSINFO32 FILE.
I HAVE VERIFIED THAT THE ZIMBRA SHARING ADDIN IS ENABLED IN THE TRUST CENTER, AND IN THE EXCHANGE CLIENT EXTENSIONS.
IN ADDITION TO THIS, I HAVE ALSO MODIFIED THE MARCO SECURITY AS SUGGESTED BY ATULBUTTE, BUT THEN OUTLOOK RAN EXTREMELY SLOW, TAKING ANYWHERE FROM 10-15 MINS TO FULLY LOAD, AND SYNC.
I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO REINSTALL WINDOWS LATER THIS EVENING, OR ON MONDAY TO TRY AND FIX THIS ISSUE.
IN GENERAL, DOES THE ZIMBRA CONNECTOR LIKE OUTLOOK 2003, OR 2007 BETTER?
I REALLY DO APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP AND EFFORT IN THIS FORUM.

sysinfo.txt

fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby fsiegel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Looks like your MSInfo didn't show any weird addins or anything that would mess things up.
At this point, Zimbra likes Outlook 2007 better. Good luck, and let me know what happens.
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby fsiegel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Interesting. My macro security is "Warnings for signed macros; all unsigned macros are disabled", and everything works for me. There are probably a few things going on here.
9432henry
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 9432henry » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:16 pm

[quote user="atulbutte"]I finally solved this. The COM add-in is not being loaded. When i try to check the Zimbra Startup and Shutdown add-in, i was getting a message under Load Behavior "Not loaded. Certificate of signed and load at startup COM Add-in is not in trusted source list"
I switched my Macro Security down to "Warnings for all macros", down from "Warnings for signed macros; all unsigned macros are disabled." Now, the add-in is finally working. I never realized that Zimbra actually adds menu items to Outlook, I had never seen these before!
Is the add-in distributed by Zimbra signed?[/QUOTE]
Instead of changing macro security you can change just add-in settings

Tools -> Trust center -> Addins

uncheck 'Apply macro security to installed add-ins' which is checked by default.
exitcomestothis

Postby exitcomestothis » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:31 am

This problem has been resolved, I reinstalled Windoze on this machine, and reinstalled Office, and all is now working fine. No more debug errors :) Thank You to all who offered their help and support in this matter.:)

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Outlook”