Search not working

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Search not working

Postby markom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:14 pm

I am having a lot of problems with Outlook Connector. It is very hard to install it lately (many workarounds can be found in forum) and even when it is installed , it is semi-functional:
  • first I had to disably Shutdown Addin in order to be able to close outlook (otherwise it hangs forever, and cannot be restarted).
  • indexing is not working, so whatever I search for it is not found.

I tried every trick that I person acquires over the years of using connector (triggering reindex, re-provisioning the account, even Office reinstallation - both 64 and 32bit) and nothing helps. I have a feeling that I am spending more and more time just to get the functionality of having email send,receive and search in Outlook.

Does anybody else has similar problem? Is there any new way to make search working?

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 am

Re: Search not working

Postby rchandler7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:54 am

Have the exact same issue, with shutdown and search. Very frustrating! Thanks for letting me know the solution to the shutdown hang. Have a heap of users complaining about this!
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Re: Search not working

Postby pesphil » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:16 pm

I am having the same issues.
Looks like the search issue has a bug report open here
And I have a bug report open for the Outlook shutdown issue here
So hopefully someone is working on it
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Search not working

Postby ProgressiveTurf » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:08 pm

We had the same problem about a month ago on 2 clients. In order to fix their search, I had to turn off the Outlook options in Search Indexing. I found the relevant settings in: Control Panel> Indexing Options
Once in there, I removed Outlook from the list (in fact I removed everything except for C and some shared drives we have) and let it rebuild the index (which does take some time). After that, I rebooted, and the search was working perfectly fine again. It isn't quite as fast as it was when it was indexed, but it was the only option I had to make search work for those clients.
If you haven't tried that yet, maybe give it a shot. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and you have to go back into Indexing Options and turn Outlook back on again.

Good luck!

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Outlook”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests