[SOLVED] Invalid PIN: Where in BES or Zimbra are PINs stored?

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
dpmchris
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dpmchris » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:17 pm

I have BPS 4.1.4 running ZCB beta 3 against a 5.0.10 NE server. I am not able to easily upgrade the Zimbra server to later version.
I had 7 users running on it just fine. Then after having some trouble re-adding the CEO that also led me to restart the ZCB server, 3 other users were knocked off. Every attempt to re-add them is met with an auth password sent to the user, followed by the RIM network data message going to their inbox. After that I get 70 Processing Stopped Invalid PIN, or am met with activating-retry-fail, retry-fail ad infinitum.
I even tried setting up a NEW BPS with a new RIM CAL and SRP etc... but had the same issues.
I am not sure where to go with this unsupported configuration. Is there something on Zimbra that holds PIN records or other BES info that needs to be exorcised?

eugener
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby eugener » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:02 pm

As a possible remediation, please consider
- wiping device as well as re-adding user in BB manager before doing enterprise actvation.

- at the User level, select the Edit Properties tasks menu. Select the IT Policy setting from the Properties menu. If the IT policy is assigned at the User level it should not generate the error message mentioned above.

- also upgrading BES to version 4.1.5 or later may help
Please see articles below for more information on this issue. In addition, if solution is not found based on articles, we may need to ask to post portion of MAGT log file obtained at the time of activation.
70 Processing Stopped: Invalid Pin - BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
KB16016 - "70 Processing Stopped: Invalid PIN" appears in the IT Policy Status ... - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection
dpmchris
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dpmchris » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks,

Although I did do a myriad of the things you indicated, the best thing to get back in business, if adding a user results in the immediate "70...Invalid PIN" message, is to resend the IT Policy.
Most of the syncs went unimpeded after that. Not perfect, but works!

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Blackberry”