ZCB Connector.. problem again

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby stich86 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm

hi guys,
i'm staring hating this connector, any new installation is painful :mad:
setup new Win 2003R2 machine, with Outlook SP2, BES 4.1.6, ZCB 5.0.19 and ZCS 6.0.5
created all the profiles (BlackBerryManager, BlackBerryServer), if i chose BBS on Outlook i can see all the mailboxes, but when close Outlook and restart BES controller the outlook.exe isn't on the task list and BBManager doesn't catch email from ZCS..
i've already read the wiki and all the other problems to recreate profile, launch outlook, repair connector.. but any of this works..
any other option? I'll try to persuade my boss to swith on ActiveSync device, this damn BB are very frustrating devices with zimbra!

stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby stich86 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm

reply to myself..
BES set to use the local contacts list instead of the GAL - Zimbra :: Wiki
do this modify plus "Force GAL Sync" and now my BB is in activation status mode..
8hr lost to solve this stupid issue.. :eek:
eugener
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby eugener » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Please give more detailed description of the problem that you experinece as it is not clear for me from description above what exactly the issue is.
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby stich86 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:30 am

[quote user="eugener"]Please give more detailed description of the problem that you experinece as it is not clear for me from description above what exactly the issue is.[/QUOTE]
my problem was that BB Connector cannot resolve email address from the GAL..
i've checked the log of MGCT and see the error, after done the step on the wiki everything start to works..
just one question, on older bes installation with beta connector, outlook.exe process are still visibile on taskmanager, but with this new one no.. it's normal?
eugener
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby eugener » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Usually process Outlook.exe shows up when connector syncs first calendar appointment. In case if there is no new appointments, you won't see this process in the list.
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby stich86 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:51 am

ok.. after 10 users, connector still give me some problems..

on the 11th user to active, i got on BES MGMT log "cannot initializate user" and i need to restart all the BES services to active user..
ok, there is no more addressbook duplication, but this is frustrating..

Return to “Zimbra Connector for Blackberry”