Mac Address Book groups cause duplicate Contacts

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Postby ewilen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:38 pm

I understand. As I mentioned in the other thread, I was hoping that CardDAV would eliminate duplicated contact problems. But what you described sounds similar to what had been a fairly common issue with iSync.
One thing I don't make entirely clear in my instructions above is that you only export one copy of each of the contacts that's being duplicated. You then delete all copies of those contacts before doing the export.

scottharwell

Postby scottharwell » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 pm

So far so good today. I will test for a few more days and report back if the problem returns. Thanks for the suggestion!
klayng

Postby klayng » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:53 am

How do I export just one copy of each duplicate address? Please tell me I don't have to do this one at a time... :-)
Thanks,

Ken
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Postby ewilen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't think I found a way other than one at a time.
You could try using the Zimbra contact cleaner Zimlet first (if you don't administer your server, you'll have to ask your admin to install it). But I think I had a report of data loss from it, so I don't use it any more.
gabe58

Postby gabe58 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Having same issue. Massive duplicated contacts, and frankly, they seem to go nuts and will continue until they flood the contact list and until Zimbra finally fails. I think this is a very serious issue. Seems to happen when you create a new contact ON THE MAC (using Address Book with CardDav) and then the duplicated card just seems to keep regenerating itself. Please address this - it's really getting rough here.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Postby ewilen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:33 pm

If you want to get the developers' attention, you should file a bug report at Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra

Return to “CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync”