Subscribed calendars don't work in iCal (Leopard)

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
rlaan

Postby rlaan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:05 am

Hi,
I like the CalDAV option, works great. Now I have access to a collegues calendar as well (she delegated using the webinterface) and her calendar pops up in my iCal too, great so far. However although I can edit in her calendar all I want using the webinterface I can't do so in iCal. The message is: Only the organizer can change this event. And when I make a new event in iCal in her Calendar: This is not a valid location for this request.
Is this a bug?
Ruben

stijn dm

Postby stijn dm » Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 am

I'm experiencing this problem too.

All my own calendars works nice in the Zimbra webinterface and iCal, but when I want to add appointments to other people's shared calendars in iCal, then I get this "not a valid location" error. The appointment doesn't get synced to the Zimbra server. This is also the case when I want to delete the appointment.
I read in the forum elsewhere that calendar names can't have any spaces in them. Is that correct? Could this be the problem?
Stijn
stijn dm

Postby stijn dm » Thu May 15, 2008 5:45 am

by the way: i'm working on Leopard with ical 3.0.2 and the latest version of the Zimbra server (I think 5.0.5)
pcsupport

Postby pcsupport » Thu May 15, 2008 12:09 pm

I can arrange meetings for other fine but what I've run up against is the time for any appointment that I create through iCal is always set to 00:00.
BarefootPanda
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby BarefootPanda » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:00 pm

I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried Centos Zimbra Open Source 5.0.7 and I have tried Mac OS X 10.4 client with Network Editions 5.0.6 and just upgraded to 5.0.7 and am having the same issue.
My client machines are running 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 with their respective versions of iCal and no luck at all. Tried the sync connector and manually entering the server info and nothing helps.
I can view their calendars, but I cannot edit any of them. I get an error every time. I've tried everything I can think of and am not getting much help from admins or employees. :(
I figure if I keep posting this issue then maybe it will be fixed in 5.0.8!

Return to “CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync”