ZimbraHelper use 90% of cpu power

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
Christopher Noble

Postby Christopher Noble » Thu May 29, 2008 2:28 pm

I've had a similar problem occur on my machine, where Zimbrahelper used all available memory and was up to about 2Gigs of VM before I killed it.
For me, the answer involved setting Sync to manual, Resetting my Sync Data, and then restarting the machine before setting automated synchronization again.
I suspect the short answer might be 'kill the ZimbraHelper process and reset your Sync Data'. Hope this helps.

mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby mmorse » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Sry not a Mac user, but just wanted to check if anyone here (still having issues with ZimbraHelper that is) after trying all the suggestions ever filed a bug / support ticket / got any good logs from /Users//Library/Logs/Zimbra/com.zimbra.XXXXXXXXXX/sync.X.log (if it was churning hard on a particular sync or something).
Not just for iSync, but there's a nice collection of tips here: iCal_Issues - Ajcody-Notes - Zimbra :: Wiki
deviantintegral

Postby deviantintegral » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:37 am

Arrg! My provider just upgraded to 5.07, which seemed to cause an issue similar to this with my older version of the iSync connector. So I upgrade the connector, and it looks like the old SOAP methods have been removed. This wouldn't be an issue, except that CalDav is broken in this installation and the admins seem to not be bothered to fix it :(
Anyone know of a way to use the old SOAP method of connecting with the new version?
For reference, from my sync log:
[Wed Jul 16 01:30:55 200] accountName = myaccount@example.com (6588)

[Wed Jul 16 01:30:55 200] [assert] error: (null)

[assert] where: "SyncManager.mm", "-[ZimbraSyncManager sync:zimbraClient:mode:]", line: 240

(6588)

[Wed Jul 16 01:30:55 200] cancelling sync (6588)

[Wed Jul 16 01:30:55 200] [assert] error: !calDAVErr

[assert] where: "ZimbraHelper_main.mm", "Sync", line: 1111

Return to “CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync”