iSync, Entourage, Global Access List

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
bokeh

Postby bokeh » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm on a network that primarily uses PCs with the outlook connector to retrieve e-mail, contacts, and address book contacts from a zimbra server. We have recently received several macbook pros for certain individuals who will be using them. Im in the process of trying to find a solution for these people so that they can maintain the same level of productivity as the PC users.
We've just configured the server for IMAP and SMTP so i'm able to receive and send e-mail using Entourage. For syncing of calendar and address books i'm using the iSync connector. The iSync connector seems to work however i'm having a problem viewing the calendar in Entourage. I do have syncing enabled on Entourage and iSync so I should see it in Entourage, right? The data syncs and I can see it in Calendar but not in Entourage. I also am curious as to how these users will be able to view, share, and modify calendar information as on the web client or Outlook.
In addition I am trying to find out how to access the GAL from the mac.
Any ideas?

fisch09
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby fisch09 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi,
I have exactly the same question....
cheers

Andre
bokeh

Postby bokeh » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:51 am

I think I have the entourage problem licked, it was an option I didn't have selected in Entourage to sync the Calendar with iSync that was causing the problem. I think my real question is now how do I view the gal on a mac. Is there anyway to download the contents of the database so at least maybe they could "manually" do it if there is no automatic way of doing it as of yet?
fisch09
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby fisch09 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:11 pm

But even if Entourage syncs the calendar to ical the calendar is called "entourage" and not synced with zimbra.....
Cheers

Andre
petieg

Postby petieg » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:12 am

Yeah... whats the deal with this? When the Entourage checkbox is checked should be have the Entourage calendar checked to sync to ZCS or the Calendar checkbox checked to sync back to ZCS -- or both?
mgibeault

Postby mgibeault » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Same kind of problem here. This iSync connector looks like beta software, all features works at 80%.

Is there a way to have free/busy info for apointments?

Should we use CalDAV instead with iCal/Mail/Contacts?

I don't have much time for experiment.
-Marc

Return to “CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync”