I am using the Release 8.0.6.GA.5922.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition and I would like to find more information with regard to Zimbra + iPhone/Android + CalDAV.
As I am using the FOSS edition, I was recently informed that some of my users have a problem with using iPhone and trying to configure CalDAV to add calendar from their Zimbra account. After much searching, I have the following questions to ask here and hope some of you can assist me.
1. I have various model of iPhone running different version iOS. Assuming I have iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7 and iOS 8. Does the iPhone implementation of CalDAV only support ActiveSync?
2. I can configure CalDAV from Zimbra on the iPhone but I noticed that the "invitees" option is not found in any of the above version of iOS, so what am I missing here?
3. With question 1 and 2 in mind, which ZCS is able to support the requirement?
4. Also I tried to configure CalDAV on my Android running 4.4.2 and I have installed CalDAV Sync Free Beta (http://www.appjenny.com/Android/App/org.gege.caldavsyncadapter) but when I tried creating a calendar entry with participant from some users in the same Zimbra email server, my users did not get any invitation. Is there something missing here?
Note: I am using Thunderbird with Lightning add-on and with the same CalDAV configured, I can send calendar invite and they will receive it.
Thanks & Regards.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 9 now available (includes fix for CVE-2017-8802). Read the announcement.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.7 + Zimbra Connector for Outlook 8.8.7 are available.. Read the announcement.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub: https://github.com/Zimbra and check the Community Projects too: https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/
Zimbra does not currently support https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6638 which works in a significantly different way. Many CalDAV clients do. The main difference between the standards is that in the old standard the client did most of the work whilst in the new standard, the server does most of it.
I am actively working on support for rfc6638 - see https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=69984 if you want to monitor how it is progressing. I am very eager to see this supported :-)
Just so you know, CalDAV and ActiveSync are completely different things - the first is an Open standard and the second is a Microsoft proprietary standard. Often, calendaring clients support both protocols though...
All the best,
Hope that helps,
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests